Wednesday 29 December 2010

Chocolate brownie

Chocolate brownie
Someone gave me a block of 70% dark chocolate as a Christmas present. I tried to eat a piece but it's too bitter for me,
so I decided to make chocolate brownies out of it.
Here's the recipe I used:
75 grams flour
100 grams chocolate
half a teaspoon of baking powder
half a teaspoon of salt
60 grams butter
2 tablespoons cream
100 grams sugar
1 whole egg and one egg yolk
2 tablespoons of cold coffee.
Set the oven to gas mark 4, 180C
Put the chocolate and a couple of spoons of cream in a bowl in the microwave and melt them together.
Cream the sugar and melted butter together. Mix with a wooden spoon until soft.
Add the eggs and mix again.
Add the chocolate and cream and mix.
Add the flour, salt and baking powder and fold together with a steel spoon.
Butter the sides and bottom of a baking pan. Now add your brownie mixture.
Place in the middle of the oven and cook for twenty five minutes.
I was amazed at how well it turned out. Try it, you'll love it. My family did.
More recipes here: http://hubpages.com/profile/scarytaff.

No comments:

Post a Comment