Monday 9 August 2010

chicken curry recipe

On a Monday I love to make a chicken curry from the chicken left over from our Sunday meal. I strip the carcass of all the left over meat and keep it in the fridge while I prepare the curry. First, I put the remains of the carcass into cold water, add a teaspoon of salt and pepper and simmer it for an hour. I then pour the stock through a fine meshed sieve and discard the bones, leaving the stock for the base of my curry.
In a saucepan I melt some butter and vegetable oil and when it's bubbling I fry a chopped onion. Then I add a tablespoon of flour, mixing it thoroughly. When a paste is formed, I slowly add the chicken stock until it's a nice, smooth consistency. I then top up this with the remainder of the stock and simmer it for twenty minutes to cook out the taste of flour. Now I add a dessert spoonful of vindaloo paste, hot and spicy. When this is bubbling I adjust the seasoning to my taste, adding salt, pepper, a squirt of tomato sauce, a teaspoon of sugar and a dash of Worcestershire sauce. Now I add the shredded chicken and cook for a further twenty minutes before serving. This chicken curry can be served with boiled rice, or fried potatoes, mashed potato or pasta. The possibilities are up to you, but I know that you'll love this chicken curry recipe.

Lots more recipes here: http://bit.ly/9WSUrP

Enjoy reading good books? Try my site: www.dericbarryfictionbooks.com

No comments:

Post a Comment